The pumpkin spice, the crunchy leaves, the crisp clear air all puts me into the crafting mood! Since we just moved into a new house and I purged the majority of my decorations, I decided that our door needed something special this fall. What better than a simple leafy fall wreath?
I wanted to keep this really simple and use some of the leftover decorations I had from my wedding-they aren’t pretty unless you use them! Since I had some things left over, I can only estimate the cost for my wreath. You should look around your house and see if you can use up that piece of fabric or yarn that you’ve had laying around for a while. The beauty of living frugal is you use the things in your house rather than hoarding them!
How to Make a Fall Wreath
- Foam wreath-$4.99 Hobby Lobby or Michael’s
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Fall leaf vine-2 vines at $9.99 and half off= $10 total. Michael’s had a better selection
- Burlap bow (optional)-$ 6.99 half off=$3.49. Hobby Lobby
- Burlap (leftover from wedding)-Hobby Lobby
- Lace (leftover from wedding)-Amazon
- Wreath hanger- $3.99 Michael’s
Total spent: $23ish with tax.
Alright so we are going to keep this super simple. Here’s what I did:
- Wrap the burlap around the wreath, hot gluing it here and there as you go.
- Wrap the lace around the wreath, hot gluing it here and there as you go.
- Test out your vine before you start gluing it-mine did not wrap around the wreath evenly.
- Once you have your vine mapped out the way you’d like, tuck the end of the vine into a side of the burlap and hot glue it in place. You may need to use a lot of glue and hold it in place for a while.
- Repeat Steps 3-4 with the second vine.
- Fluff your leaves out to make it look as full as you can.
- Add a bow, berries, or other decoration in the spots that are missing a little something.
I could probably have not used the lace since you can’t see it all that well, but I do like the little touch it adds. I still have plenty more!
- More leaves or a thicker vine
- Berries or the little pumpkins
- Fall-themed cloth
- A little Scarecrow or some other fall-themed figure
I am so proud of my little wreath and have smiled each time I come in my door. All for under $25! If I bought one for that much, I probably would not have loved it as much!
Let me know if you make your own wreath or other fall decorations that you love-comment below!
*This post contains affiliate links.